Altar Missal in Deluxe Leather
Full Altar MIssal for use in England, Wales and Scotland.
Beauty & Durability
- Binding. Bound in deluxe genuine padded Italian leather.
- Cover decoration. Gold decorative blocking on front, back and spine, plus Florentine gold blocking on inside lip of cover. Cruciform design based on Byzantine St George’s cross; border design inspired by Ingeborg Psalter.
- Durable spine. Ribbed spine gives greater durability and ensures the volume lies flat and keeps its shape over time.
- Strong binding. Endpapers made of extra-strong tear-resistant Skinplast® to ensure durability.
- Gilded page edges.
- Colour illustrations. Full-colour illustrations from the 12th-century Ingeborg Psalter (Musée Condé), printed on high-quality art paper.
Ease of use
- Leather tabs. 18 hand-placed genuine leather tabs with gold blocking to mark each page of the 4 main Eucharistic Prayers, and the principal rites (Communion Rite, Blessings, etc).
- Ribbons. Six liturgically-coloured 25mm-wide ribbons with hand-sewn butterfly ends to ensure no fraying. Expertly joined to the volume to prevent tangling.
- National Propers. Contains National Propers for England and Wales, Scotland, all placed in the Proper of Saints with each in its correct place (i.e. not placed separately in an appendix).
- Concelebration. All Eucharistic Prayers, including those for Reconciliation, are annotated for up to 4 concelebrants.
- Index. Fully indexed, including National Propers.
Clarity of the page
- Paper. Cream, low-reflectivity, high-contrast paper: thicker, more durable 100 gsm for Order of Mass, 60 gsm for other, less-frequently used parts. Sustainably sourced, archive grade.
- Text. Typeset in specially modified version of Stone font for maximum readability, with rubrics in red. Size is 13.5 pt.
- Music. Every preface is set to music in easy-to-read five-line notation. A CD is available from CTS to assist priests in learning this.
- Storage pouch. Protective tailored red flannel storage pouch to keep your Missal in pristine condition.