12cm x 18cm
Confused about which Bible to choose? Bewildered by all the different choices? Here is a Bible tailor-made for every Catholic. It will lead you through the exact same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with notes and introductions edited by Vatican expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB. CTS has created several carefully thought-out editions to suit every need and budget.
This Standard Edition is suitable for all purposes; an attractive and durable volume that will suit scripture study and private reading. Text sizes in this edition: 8 pt text (6 pt for footnotes)
What’s different about The CTS New Catholic Bible?
• Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy
• Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
• Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
• Footnotes following the latest scholarship
• Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
• A clearer layout – using modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
• Text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
• Directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary